Scott has more than 12 years of experience as a part-time college instructor at various southern California college: English, Critical Thinking, Feature Writing, Mass Media & Society, Literary Journalism, and Digital Publishing.
- Three years part-time Senate Representative on the Academic Senate at Orange Coast College (2007-2008 and 2011-2012); member OCC Transparency Committee (2011).
- Faculty Chair, Associate Faculty Committee at Orange Coast College (2012).
- Faculty coordinator for one of the first Supplemental Instruction classes at Orange Coast College (2008-2010).
- Faculty coordinator of a Study Abroad program for 30 students to Austria, Italy, and Germany (2007).
- Certified online instructor in Moodle™ and Blackboard™, and Eluminate Live™.
- Interim Faculty Advisor for student-run weekly newspaper at Irvine Valley and Saddleback colleges.
Classes and Workshops
Register for Online ‘Entrepreneurial Journalism’ Course at UCI Extension
Explore the Frontier of Literary Journalism
Get Published, Get Paid as a Freelance Writer
The Art and Craft of Feature Writing
Get Paid to Write for the Web
Technical Writing for Business Professionals
Strengthen Your Business Writing Skills
Scott Teaching “Articles”
Scott’s Online Lesson
Scott’s UCI Webinar “Writing to Influence Public Policy”Join us for a free Webinar and learn how UC Irvine Extension’s Writing for Digital Media can help you master the key elements needed for successful writing to achieve your career as a journalist, editor and or writer for influential people in both in print and digital media. We will also provide you with program information and courses being offered in the upcoming year.
>> Click Here to View